Thursday, April 14, 2011

Growing up near the Motor City, and also having two older brothers helped me to gain a huge interest for cars. Ever since I was young, I've been able to name the make/model of just about every American-made car out there.  
I completed this painting back in February of this year. This past Christmas, my husband and I went back to Michigan to see family, and while we were there, we went through the Henry Ford Museum.  I was able to take a photo of this great retro Corvette, which I didn't plan on painting at the time. When I decided to paint it, I realized how much I enjoyed painting cars! The hard edges, light and shadows are wonderful, and especially for me, with a graphic design background. 
This is my own original painting, "1955 Corvette" on a 9 x 12 canvas.

Before  - a work in progress, a long way to go!


And After!

No comments:

Post a Comment